Opensource and web-based Fleet Maintenance Management System based on PHP and MySql
Fleetco is a free, web-based vehicle fleet maintenance management system written in PHP with MySQL database back end published under GNU General Public License.
Fleetco was initially designed for trucking companies but it can be useful for any person or company having a fleet of vehicles. It will allow the management to have full control of the maintenance of a vehicle fleet. For instance, the management will be able to answer many questions including:
- Which vehicle/s is giving less than desired fuel economy?
- Which vehicle/s is getting more repairs?
- How much cost incurred on each and every vehicle in the fleet for a selected period?
- If company is to sell a vehicle, which one should be the first?
- What is the status of the maintenance inventory stock such as spare tyres, engine oil, etc.
It will record and analyse all sorts of expenses relating to the vehicle maintenance. It also has an inventory module and accident tracking system. All reports can be easily exported to MS Excel and other formats.
- Fuelling Record Maintenance
- Repair Record Maintenance
- Maintenance Record Maintenance
- Inventory Module
- Accident Reporting
- Fuel Efficiency Reports
- Vehicle Expense Reports
- Web Hosting (XAMPP/WAMP can also be used)
- PHP 4.2
- MySQL Database
1. Unzip the file
2. Upload the file to the hosting root or folder
3. Create a MySQL database using phpmyadmin or otherwise
4. In the unzip folder, locate the SQL dump file called mysql-dump-with dummy-data.sql.
5. Import this SQL dump to the database created (This database contains some sample data which you can delete later)
6. Enter the database connectivity details as follows:
Find “ConnectionManager.php” in connections folder and on line 254-258 find below block of code:
- $data[“connInfo”] = “database_host_name”;
- $data[“connInfo”] = “database_user_name”;
- $data[“connInfo”] = “database_user_password”;
- $data[“connInfo”] = “database_port_number”;
- $data[“connInfo”] = “database_name”;
Update your database connectivity details above.
Default values for database port & host name as follows:
database_host_name = localhost
database_port_number = 3306
If above default details do not work, contact your hosting provider for the same.
7. Then visit the url and the login screen should appear now.
8. Use following admin logins:
Once you log in, go to Admin Area. You can create any no of users with various user rights to different tables. You may delete sample data.
How to install on a web server:
How to install on a local computer with XAMPP: